Skip to main content
Are you okay? Emergency/Crisis UOIT Home

Study permit

General information

  • What is a study permit?

    A study permit is a document issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) (formerly Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)) that allows someone who is not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to study in Canada for a specified period of time.

    Your study permit is what gives you legal status to remain in Canada.

  • What is the difference between a study permit and a visa?