- Fall semester – September to December.
- Winter semester – January to April.
- Summer semester – May to August. The summer semester may be broken into two seven-week sessions (May/June and July/August) or one 14-week session, depending on the courses you wish to take. For more information, contact the Registrar's office.
Services and resources
International students may find the following services and resources particularly helpful:
- International Student Advisor
- Academic Advisors
- Student Learning Centre (SLC)
- Campus ID
- Learning Commons
To learn about all the services available to UOIT students, see the Campus services page of current undergraduate students website.
Our International Student Advisor provides support services and mentoring to international students, including:
- An ambassador program.
- Communicating with your faculty to support you in your studies.
- Immigration support (including assistance in applying for study and work permits).
- Orientation session before the beginning of each academic semester.
- Pre-arrival information and welcome session.
For more information, contact International Student Services at email@example.com.
Academic advisors strive to assist students to make choices that will lead to their academic success. Your advisor can support you from start to finish, from selecting a program to planning for the future. Academic advisors are faculty-specific. Learn more about:
The Student Learning Centre (SLC) helps students improve their skills in math, writing, studying and other subject areas. Our academic subject specialists, trained peer tutors and online resources are available to help ensure your success. The SLC also offers support for English as a Second Language speakers and writers. Learn more about the SLC.
Your campus identification (ID) card is one of the most important pieces of ID you have on campus. Learn how to get your campus ID card.
UOIT's state-of-the-art Learning Commons, at the north Oshawa location, houses computers for student use. Other amenities include dedicated tutoring rooms, digital signage, laptop stations, wired and wireless access points and printers. The Information Technology (IT) Service Desk can help you with any IT-related issues. It is conveniently located at the north Oshawa location as well as downtown at the 61 Charles Street Building.
UOIT's libraries provide extensive print and digital information resources and services to assist you. Wireless connections, free inter-library loans, streaming media, specialized training sessions and one-on-one consultations are available at each library. Visit the Library@UOIT website to learn more.
NOOL is UOIT's website dedicated to helping you succeed in university by providing information and resources on:
- Study skills
- Tips and tools
- Writing/English as a Second Language (ESL)