All exchange students are expected to attend a re-entry session held by the International Office. Students will debrief about their experiences and discuss feelings and expectations associated with re-entering Canada and UOIT. Students may also be asked to fill out a brief questionnaire regarding the exchange, which will be used as a source of data for future UOIT students.
Students may want to consider the following when making the re-entry transition:
- Keep in touch with friends and family.
- Think about what you want to do when you return.
- Plan your finances.
- Give presentations to family, friends, your school and community.
- Take courses that will help you apply what you’ve learned.
- Volunteer and share your experiences.
Returning exchange students will have an opportunity to share their exchange experiences with other students during events and information sessions held by the International Office.