Outbound student exchanges
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) has many opportunities for students who are interested in gaining an international learning experience. When students participate in an outbound international exchange, they are eligible to receive and transfer credits that can be used towards a UOIT degree. Students who participate in an exchange at one of our partner institutions will continue to pay UOIT tuition and selective ancillary fees at the partner institution.
Please review the following mandatory steps if you are interested in participating in an outbound international exchange:
- Attend an information session regarding outbound exchange; please contact the International office to learn about upcoming information sessions.
- Book an appointment with the International office to discuss exchange options.
- Submit an Outbound Exchange Application.
- Review partner institutions and courses offered.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to review course requirements.
- Complete a Study Plan/Transfer Credit Form and have it approved and signed by an Academic Advisor.
- Submit Study Plan/Transfer Credit Form to the International office.
- Wait for approval and formal nomination from the International office.
- Receive a nomination confirmation letter from the International office.
- Apply directly to the partner institution.
- Accept offer from host institution.
- Register for exchange courses at the Registrar’s office.
- Pay tuition/credit fees to the Registrar’s office.
- Attend a mandatory pre-departure session with the International office; please contact the International office to learn about upcoming pre-departure session.
- Submit all travel documents to the International office.
If you are interested in participating in an outbound international exchange or would like to learn more about the opportunities at UOIT, please contact the International office.