OAIE 2016 call for presentations
May 16 – 17, 2016 – Oshawa, Ontario
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) and Durham College (DC) are pleased to announce plans for the Ontario Association of International Education (OAIE) 2016 conference, which will be held in Oshawa, Ontario on Monday, May 16 and Tuesday, May 17.
This conference brings together colleagues from across Ontario to share their good practices in international education, and to continue to build their community of practice in Ontario. UOIT and DC encourage all proposals to address university-college intersections across the themes of the conference. Proposals with university and college presenters will be given preference.
Themes for OAIE 2016 sessions include:
- The international experience on campus:
- ESL programming
- internationalization of curriculum
- international student services/advising
- mobility advising/promotion
- The global south – partnerships and development:
- international development
- north-south mobility
- north-south partnerships
- Capacity development – personal and institutional:
- institutional development
- internationalization planning and evaluation
- policy issues
- professional development issues
The conference organizing committee welcomes your session proposals, which must be submitted by Thursday March 24 at 4 p.m. Sessions will be 75 minutes in duration, with access to audio-visual supports as requested. Please provide a one- to two-page description of the session, including:
- objectives of the presentation
- proposed presenter(s)
- relevant thematic area
- summary of content
- target audience
- university-college intersection (if applicable)
Please note: All presenters must also register for the conference.
The organizing committee will select sessions for the conference based on the following considerations:
- Program balance to meet the needs of all participants.
- Quality and clarity of proposals.
- Relevance to the themes of the conference, and to current issues in international education.
- Broad selection of presenters/presentations from different areas of expertise, types and sizes of institutions, and regions of Ontario.
Please submit proposals in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading OAIE 2016 Proposal. The organizing committee expects to confirm presentations by Friday, April 8.
If you have any questions about the call for proposals or OAIE 2016 planning, please contact Scott Clerk, Program Manager, International Office, UOIT or Larissa Strong, Manager, International Student Support, International Student Office, DC.